Talent Search at Clatsop Community College serves 671 students from 6th – 12th grade in cooperation with the Astoria, Warrenton, Seaside and Knappa school districts. Our mission is to help students succeed in school and develop a clear vision of their educational choices beyond high school. We recognize that parent, school and community involvement are crucial to the success of the program and the students. TS is 100% funded by a federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education for $359,650 annually.
TS helps our enrolled students to:
- Be successful in middle school and high school classes.
- Learn about career choices and educational options.
- Begin setting individual educational and career goals and planning how to achieve them.
- Select appropriate classes to build a foundation for their post secondary work.
- Graduate from high school prepared for post secondary education.
- Enter and successfully complete a post secondary degree or certificate program.
Upward Bound (UB) at CCC serves 73 students from 9th – 12th grade in cooperation with the Astoria, Warrenton and Seaside school districts. Our mission is to help students gain the knowledge and skills to succeed in high school, go on to college and graduate college. We recognize that parent, school and community involvement are crucial to the success of the program and the students. Clatsop Community College’s Upward Bound program is 100% funded by a US Department of Education grant in the amount of $353,059.
Upward Bound helps students create a vision for their future success by offering:
- Academic support in the form of tutoring, supplemental workshops and educational planning;
- The opportunity to learn about a wide variety of career and educational opportunities by visiting work sites and colleges;
- The opportunity to develop self-management and leadership skills;
- The chance to attend cultural activities;
- Assistance with college admissions, financial aid and scholarship applications, and standardized test preparation;
- Help with planning appropriate classes in high school in order to ease the transition into post-secondary education.
Please click on the link for applications to the Talent Search & Upward Bound Programs.
Talent Search & Upward Bound Advisor at Astoria High School
College/Career Advisor at
Astoria High School
Astoria High School